Bus trip to the end of the world

Mirjam and I need to go out of town, and we take the bus to get there. However, the bus is quite full, and it gets very hot inside. Many passengers take off their coats, and put them on a coat rack that has appeared next to the exit - eliminating the seats and passengers that were previously there. I hang up my coat as well.

We reach our destination more quickly than I expect, and while Mirjam hops off the bus as soon as it stops, I still have to search for my coat. It got buried under several layers of other coats, and by the time I have recovered it the bus is moving again.

And it keeps moving; there are no more stops after the one where Mirjam got off the bus. The quality of the road steadily deteriorates, while the landscape becomes more barren. The intensity of the light increases. All passengers except me dissolve into thin air.

I know we've reached the end of the world when we pass a weathered road sign saying "End of the World". The area looks like a scene from a Loony Tunes cartoon. Then, in a final, slo-mo flash of light, everything explodes into oblivion. I'm not afraid. Peace of mind descends upon me.

Popular posts from this blog

Brainstorming session

Holiday in Paris

Two cartons of orange juice about to burst