Throwing moving images onto airplanes

I have been quite successful in my new job, which is to decorate airplanes with moving images. I create photographs and digital images and stick them on every airplane visiting the airport. The rules for the airlines are straightforward: no images - no landing rights. I have the full support of the management. 

My images are rectangular, roughly two by three meters. They are made from living pixels that can move across any surface. The images move horizontally across the body of the airplane, from tail to cockpit and back again along the other side. So, even when the plane stands still, it looks like it is moving. People love it! 

Previously, people had made it clear they found airplanes boring, and as a result the number of visitors, travelers and flights at the airport had started to decrease. My moving images have stopped this downward trend. They make people smile. They hypnotize people. They make people stay longer at the airport, consume more, and travel more often. My employers are very happy. 

Unfortunately, this process of selecting and attaching moving images to airplanes cannot be automated; it can only be done by human beings, which at this moment means just me. Sure, I can do it quickly, within a few minutes even, but there are a lot of airplanes, and their number is increasing almost on a weekly basis. 

I must work hard. Day and night. No time to eat, sleep or go to the bathroom. Nobody can do this forever. 

I finally decided I would train my wife to assist me, and soon she became quite good at it. She’s throwing moving images onto airplanes as if she’s been doing it since the first flight of the Wright Brothers. She's fast already, and she's getting faster still. Her images are awesome too. She will become better than me. 

I'm so incredibly tired from working so hard for so long that I feel I can’t continue. I will leave the airplane decoration job to my wife and get some rest. The shuttle bus takes me off the airport without halting at the mandatory stops. Faster and faster we go, until the wheels lose contact with the road, and we have lift-off. 

The bus drops me off somewhere in the 1970s, right in the middle of a queue of young people waiting to attend an open-air concert of the rock band Yes. Many people wear checkered shirts, and the weather is pleasant. Some people carry portable cassette players on which they play songs by Yes, and everyone sings along. The mood is excellent. The concert will be good. 

Popular posts from this blog

Brainstorming session

Holiday in Paris

Two cartons of orange juice about to burst